WHAT: Help LA Family Housing residents make arts and crafts, do service projects, and plant and care for their own personal gardens.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: L.A. Family Housing assists families and individuals transitioning out of homelessness and poverty by providing housing and supportive services.
VOLUNTEER PROJECT: Join us on the first and third Saturdays of each month to help residents care for their own gardens and engage in community-building. You'll take part in brief coffee chats with LAFH residents, followed by working together with residents on arts and crafts, service projects, and nurturing their personal gardens.
IMPACT: You can help residents pratice their communication and social skills, gain a sense of ownership, and learn new crafting and gardening skills. Most of all, you can put a smile on their faces!
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Volunteers-
- must be over 18 years old.
- should be aware that gardening can be physically demanding.
- may not be alone with residents.
- closed-toe shoes, clothing you don't mind getting dirty, sun hats, and water bottles are recommended.
- Organization Name: L.A. Family Housing
- Organization Url: http://www.lafh.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities, Other
- Activity Type: Gardening/Planting
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: