Go beyond being a regular volunteer and become a volunteer Project Leader for the "Homemade Music Instrument Jam with Special Needs Kids" volunteer opportunity.
About the Friendship Foundation:
The Friendship Foundation supports parents and families who have children and young adults with special needs by providing a safe, accepting, and inclusive environment where they can enjoy sports, art, and music with their peers.
The event you'd manage:
At "MUSICWORKS: Homemade Instrument Jam with Special Needs Kids," volunteers aged 8+ help special needs kids and young adults create homemade music instruments from recycled objects. Then everyone lets loose in an improvised music jam using their created instruments! It's a chance for kids to express themselves through crafts and music and even - we hope - some dancing.
Date and time:
This is a new volunteer opportunity that can be scheduled either Fridays at 4:30 or any time Sundays - whatever works for your schedule. It would happen every other week or once a month and last 2 hours.
Project Leader Requirements:
- Prior experience with music or disabled individuals is NOT required - but patience and kindness is.
- Leaders must commit to leading the project for at least 6 months.
- Leaders must attend an L.A. Works training.
- Leaders must clear any background checks required by the Friendship Foundation
Project Leader Responsibilities:
- Assign, direct, and supervise volunteers at events
- Manage all communication between volunteers, Friendship Foundation, and L.A. Works
Project Leader Benefits:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education, Arts & Culture
- Population Served: People with Disabilities
- Activity Type: Other,Caring for People
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: