Volunteer as a Youth Volleyball Instructor!
Overview: The United States Youth Volleyball is looking for a Youth Volleyball Instructor for multiple locations in the Los Angeles area.
Mission: USYVL provides every child between the ages of 7 and 15 a chance to learn and play volleyball in a fun, safe, and supervised environment.
Impact: One of the main tenets of the program is to encourage children to do the best with their abilities. With an emphasis on positive reinforcement, the program seeks to build confidence and self-esteem in each child.
Volunteer Role and Responsibilities:
- Organize, instruct and supervise the volunteer coaches.
- Direct volunteer coaches how to perform volleyball drills.
- Demonstrate proper volleyball fundamentals.
- Run home game days and inter site game days.
- Communicate with the USYVL National Office.
- Attend a 4-hour training meeting.
- Run a 2-hour coaching clinic.
Requirements: Must be able to pass a background check and 18 years or older. Comfortable running coaching clinic, demonstrating and explaining skills and drills to volunteer coaches and kids. Experience playing volleyball and/or coaching volleyball at the high school, club, college or higher level. Be able to give clear and precise directions and be dependable.
Time Commitment: Programs operate twice per week with practice days during the week and games held on the weekends, usually Saturdays. The anticipated time commitment is twice a week for the full eight-week season, plus the parent meeting and coaching clinic.
Benefits and Compensation: We provide Orientation, Training, Certification and Continued Education for our Volleyball Instructors. Compensation is dependent on experience.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: