Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
⚙︎LEADER OPPORTUNITY: Serve Food to the Homeless
Do more than just show up. Lead the way and become the Project Leader for the "SERVE IT UP: Prep and Provide Meals for the Homeless at LA Mission"
About the LA Mission:
Los Angeles Mission is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the homeless living on the streets of downtown’s Skid Row.
The event you'd manage:
At "SERVE IT UP: Prep and Provide Meals for the Homeless at LA Mission," 5-10 volunteers bring a warm, hearty evening meal to some of the 1,800 homeless served daily. Volunteers will organize/clean the kitchen, prepare/serve the meal, and know they're protecting some Skid Row residents from going to bed hungry.
Date and time:
Leaders needed for:
- every other Saturday 3:30pm - 5:30pm.
- every other Sunday 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Skid Row, Downtown.
Project Leader Requirements:
- Leaders must commit to leading the project for at least 6 months.
- Leaders must attend an L.A. Works training.
- Leaders must clear a background check
Project Leader Responsibilities:
- Assign, direct, and supervise volunteers at events
- Manage all communication between volunteers, LA Mission, and L.A. Works
Project Leader Benefits:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: