Do more than just show up. Lead the way and become the Project Leader for the "SERVE IT UP: Prep and Provide Meals for the Homeless at LA Mission"
About the LA Mission:
Los Angeles Mission is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the homeless living on the streets of downtown’s Skid Row.
The event you'd manage:
At "SERVE IT UP: Prep and Provide Meals for the Homeless at LA Mission," 5-10 volunteers bring a warm, hearty evening meal to some of the 1,800 homeless served daily. Volunteers will organize/clean the kitchen, prepare/serve the meal, and know they're protecting some Skid Row residents from going to bed hungry.
Date and time:
Leaders needed for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. (Leaders typically only take 1 night/week.) The opportunity runs from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
Skid Row, Downtown.
Project Leader Requirements:
- Leaders must commit to leading the project for at least 6 months.
- Leaders must attend an L.A. Works training.
- Leaders must clear a background check
Project Leader Responsibilities:
- Assign, direct, and supervise volunteers at events
- Manage all communication between volunteers, LA Mission, and L.A. Works
Project Leader Benefits:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness, Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Homeless, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, Military/Veterans, Offenders/Ex-offenders, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual,Transgender)
- Activity Type: Food Preparation & Meal Services,Caring for People
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: