Go beyond regular volunteering and become a Project Leader for the "GET ACTIVE: Beach Clean Up and Games" volunteer opportunity with Heal the Bay.
About Heal the Bay:
Heal the Bay is a nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to making Southern California coastal waters safe and healthy for people and marine life.
The event you'd manage:
At "GET ACTIVE: Beach Clean Up and Games," up to 200 volunteers do a beach clean up followed by a volleyball tournament fundraiser. Participants also have the option to clean up all day or play non-competitive beach games like corn hole, etc.
Date and time:
2 Saturdays per year. Next one scheduled is 8/25.
The Strand, Hermosa Beach
Project Leader Requirements:
- Commit to six months of leading the project
- Attend an L.A. Works Leader Training
- Pass a background check
- Make a bigger impact
- Gain valuable leadership and event management skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment
- Population Served: Other
- Activity Type: Event Organizing
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: