WHAT: Step up your volunteer game by leading music volunteers in LAUSD Modern Band classrooms.
ABOUT LITTLE KIDS ROCK: Little Kids Rock is a national nonprofit dedicated to ensuring that all public school children have the opportunity to unlock their inner music makers. They do this by partnering with school districts, training public school teachers in their innovative curriculum, and donating all of the instruments and resources necessary to run rockin’ music programs.
THE VOLUNTEER EVENT YOU'D RUN: At "MUSICWORKS: Teach Kids to Rock," community volunteers skilled in an instrument help public school students learn to play and appreciate music. As the Project Leader, you'd:
- recruit and train volunteers
- assign, direct, and supervise volunteers
- manage all communication between volunteers, Little Kids Rock, and L.A. Works
- be led by a public school teacher who will be in charge of teaching the curriculum
TIME: 2-3 hours 1 day/week, during regular school hours. Please note this opportunity requires some day time availability.
LOCATION: Schools across L.A. County and definitely near you!
- Some facility with either guitar, bass, drums, or keyboards required
- Leaders must commit to leading for at least 6 months
- Leaders must attend an L.A. Works training.
- Leaders must clear any background checks required by their school
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
INTERESTED? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Arts & Culture, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Other
- Activity Type: Tutoring,Other,Mentoring/Youth Development
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: