Step up your volunteer game by leading music volunteers in LAUSD Modern Band classrooms.
About Little Kids Rock:
Little Kids Rock is a national nonprofit dedicated to ensuring that all public school children have the opportunity to unlock their inner music makers. They do this by partnering with school districts, training public school teachers in their innovative curriculum, and donating all of the instruments and resources necessary to run rockin’ music programs.
The event you'd manage:
At "MUSICWORKS: Teach Kids to Rock," community volunteers skilled in an instrument help public school students learn to play and appreciate music. As the Project Leader, you'd:
- recruit and train volunteers
- assign, direct, and supervise volunteers
- manage all communication between volunteers, Little Kids Rock, and L.A. Works
- be led by a public school teacher who will be in charge of teaching the curriculum
Time and Location:
Leaders must commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months.
- Mid-Wilshire, 2-4 hours per week during school hours
- Griffith Park, One school day a week 10:30am-11:30am
- Boyle Heights, M, W, Th, or Fri 10:30am-11:30am
- Maywood, Every other Friday 9:10-9:55am, 10:25-11:20am, or 11:25am-12:15pm
- Pacoima, Every Thursday 11am-11:30am
- Northridge, Every Friday 1pm-2:30pm
- Granada Hills, 2-4 hours per week during school hours
- Glendale, One school day a week 11-11:50am
- Boyle Heights, Mondays 11:15am-12:20pm
- Highland Park, M, W, Th, or Fri 11:30am-12:54pm OR Tues 10:44am-11:49am
- Florence, Fridays 12:55pm-1:55pm
- Florence-Firestone, Wednesdays 2:15pm-3:30pm
- San Pedro, Thursdays 12:50-1:35pm, 1:35pm-2:20pm, or 2:40-3:40pm
- El Sereno, M & W between 7:45am-12:10pm or Fri 9:45am-11:30am
- Angeles Crest, Weds or Thurs 7:45am-8:15am
- Westlake, Thurs 3-4pm
- Rancho Palos Verdes, Tues, Weds, Thurs (Tues: 5 classes of 5th graders 820am-1230pm, Weds & Thurs: 10:40am-12pm)
- Gramercy Park, Mon, Tues, Thurs 8am-430pm
- West Adams, Thurs 130-230pm or Fri 130pm
- Venice, Mon, Weds, Thurs, or Fri ; 8:30-915am, 930-1015am, 1030-11:15am, 1-145pm
Project Leader Requirements:
- Some facility with music and instruments required
- Leaders must attend an L.A. Works training.
- Leaders must clear any background checks required by their school
Project Leader Benefits:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Arts & Culture, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Other
- Activity Type: Tutoring,Other,Mentoring/Youth Development
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: