Step up your volunteer game by becoming the Project Leader for LA Family Housing's food sorting volunteer event.
About LA Family Housing:
L.A. Family Housing (LAFH) works to help families transition out of homelessness and poverty through a continuum of housing enriched with supportive services. Founded in 1983, LAFH has served over 100,000 people since its inception.
The event you'd manage:
At "STOCK THE PANTRY: Sort Food for Homeless Families," volunteers come together to sort the generous produce donations that LAFH receives, so that disadvantaged families can have healthy meals.
The event occurs every 3rd Thursday, 8:30am - 11:30am in North Hollywood. Leaders must commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months.
Project Leader Requirements:
- Leaders must attend an L.A. Works training.
- Leaders must clear L.A. Works background checks.
- Leaders must be able to commit to supporting the project for at least 6 months.
Project Leader Responsibilities:
- Recruit volunteers
- Assign, direct, and supervise volunteers at event
- Manage all communication between volunteers, LAFH, and L.A. Works
Project Leader Benefits:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Family Services
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: