Quick Overview: Volunteers are to help with program maintenance (helping referee games, taking stats & building community with our youth).
Mission or Broader Program Description: We AFFIRM forgotten Los Angeles youth in continuing education through journal writing & organized sports (spring basketball & fall flag football). We promote dignity, integrity, respect & honor throughout their three-month journey.
Impact: After many years behind juvenile probation walls, we are beginning our new direction with four YOUTHBUILD sites (Compton, Whittier, East Los Angeles & South Los Angeles) to build community between them. After this inaugural year, we plan on growing the program with more YouthBuild sites in the next couple of years.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Every Friday and/or Saturday, we need volunteers to help make the environment fun, positive yet professional and organized for our forgotten youth. This means, we need referees, stat takers & those interested in becoming a head coach for our established franchises in the program.
- Our basketball program (AFFIRMATIVE ATHLETICS BASKETBALL) fields teams of four (3-on-3 basketball teams). There are ten teams in the program.
- Our flag football program (AFFIRMATIVE FLAG FOOTBALL) fields teams of eight (6-on-6 football teams). There are eight teams in the program.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age to help referee games.
- Must have proof of ID and two references (letter or phone call).
- Must be mobile.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Sports & Recreation
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: