BusinessWorks & Days of Service Programs: LA. Works days of service gather thousands of Angelenos to build the community through a variety of service projects, including neighborhood beautification and literacy improvement. Through these service days, businesses can build their brands and culture while receiving public recognition in event advertising, newsletters, website, and social media. The Corporate Engagement Department’s role in the Days of Service program is to select a nonprofit or school site that can benefit from hundreds of volunteers on a single day (and is appropriate for a large group), plan the projects appropriate for the volunteers, train the leadership for the day, and lead them at the event.
Responsibilities: This role will provide event production support including warehouse management and logistics. The L.A. Works experience thrives on creative brainstorming and the ability to get it done!
Requirements: Passion for community service. Excellent communication; good organizational skills and attention to details and deadlines are a must. We seek those who are enthusiastic and eager to learn, professional and independent.
Equipment Requirements: Personal transportation and cell phone.
Hours: 10+ hours a week, days and times negotiable.
Compensation: School credit only
Location: L.A. Works is in Cypress Park, close to Elysian Park and downtown Los Angeles but Day of Service events take place all over the city.
Duration: Open. Deadline: None.
- Organization Name: L.A. Works
- Organization Url: http://www.laworks.com
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community, Internships & Employment
- Activity Type: Building/Construction,Cleaning,Fundraising & Campaigning,Gardening/Planting,Painting,Administrative Support/Clerical,Collecting, Sorting & Packaging,Consulting & Professional Services,Event Organizing,Hotline/Information Center Support
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: