Quick Overview: Set up, break down and assist with opertions at Game Changer event on Thursday, April 18 from 1:30pm - 7:00pm at the University of Southern California.
Mission or Broader Program Description: Game Changer brings community and law enforcement together for a moderated focus group to discuss issues and devise solutions together. After the game everyone attends a local sporting event to engage in quality bonding time.
Impact: Volunteers assist with the operations of the event and ensure the event goes smoothly. The overall expereience is enhanced by volunteers as they greet every participant and provide a welcoming environment where participants feel safe to share their opinions.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: The volunteer duties include but are not limited to:
- Greeting participants
- Keeping time during focus group – Each participant has 3 minutes to speak. At the 2:30 mark you’ll hold up a yellow warning sign. At 3 minutes you’ll hold up a red stop sign.
- Set up and break down of focus group – Place forms on the desk, set up banner, set up camera, set up food etc…
- Video – Record participants when they speak
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have a phone with a timer app
- Dress attire is business casual
- You will be provided with lunch or dinner
- Volunteer Waiver will be emailed to you prior to event.
* Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
Additional Details: Dinner will be provided.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: