Project sponsored by
Prepare and share food with homeless families and individuals.
L.A. Works has partnered with Macy's in their efforts to make life shine brighter through service and are leading the community at San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission in feeding the hungry. San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission provides homeless individuals an opportunity not only to obtain food, shelter, and necessities, but also for individual and family restoration by developing personalized plans.
Volunteers will cook a meal for shelter residents. They will also serve the meal and are encouraged to sit and eat with the guests to provide companionship.
Volunteers like you helped SFV Rescue Mission serve 23,079 meals last year!
- Volunteers must be 16+, volunteers aged 16-18 must 1) bring and have signed by their legal guardian this Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors and 2) be accompanied by an adult.
- All volunteers must complete SFVRM's volunteer form in addition to signing up at the bottom of this page.
- To maintain food safety, volunteers who are not dressed appropriately may not participate. Volunteers must wear closed toe shoes, long pants, and sleeved shirts (no tank tops.)
Volunteers will receive a 20% coupon as a thank you for their service!
Questions? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
Want to volunteer? Please click on the SIGN UP button below and we'll see you there.
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission and is led by Macy's Volunteer Project Leaders. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness, Family Services
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: