Become a Project Leader for the "BE A KID AGAIN: Reading and Crafts with 1st Graders" volunteer opportunity at 49th St Elementary.
About 49th St Elementary:
49th Street Elementary School is a positive learning community that promotes college and career readiness, critical thinking skills, and effective interpersonal relationships leading to academic and life success.
The event you'd manage:
At "BE A KID AGAIN: Reading and Crafts with 1st Graders," volunteers work directly with children listening to them read, documenting the number of books and pages read, and completing a fun art project. Project Leaders who'd like to try their hand at volunteer recruitment particularly sought.
Date and time:
1 Saturday per month. Sessions resume in August.
South Los Angeles
Project Leader Requirements:
- Commit to six months of leading the project
- Attend an L.A. Works Leader Training
- Pass a background check
Project Leader Benefits:
- Make a bigger impact
- Gain valuable leadership and event management skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: