Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Quick Overview: If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an acumen for analyzing and evaluating finances consider a volunteer opportunity as a nonprofit financial consultant.
Organization Name and Website: Operation Confidence, https://www.operationconfidence.org/
Mission or Broader Program Description: Operation Confidence aims to assist homeless disabled veterans with permanent housing, resources, and adaptive services through Operation Confidence Turning Point Housing Program to help them become productive citizens once again.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Construct an interactive financial model; evaluate an organization’s current revenue streams and how best to diversify; create a structure around a nonprofit’s charitable contributions or earned income. Volunteers will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess current financial recording keeping system/ practices
- Lead development of a process for updating those systems
- Implement and lead staff on nonprofit fiduciary best practices
- Work with bookkeeper to coordinate an organizational financial plan
- Prepare tax returns and prepare the paperwork needed for the organizations 990
- Accounting background
- Experience in the non-profit world is ideal
- Able to relay information and train paid staff on best practices
Time commitment of 6-8 hours per month for at least 3 months. Flexible with your schedule. Potential to work remotely.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: