Quick Overview: If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an expertise in internal operations of an organization, experience developing methods to function more efficiently, and want to help a nonprofit grow their impact to Angelenos in need, consider volunteering with the Do Good Bus.
Organization Name and Website: Do Good Bus, https://dogoodbus.com
Mission or Broader Program Description: We connect good people with community and purpose. During each event, we have three goals:
AWARENESS - There are hundreds of causes that help our city, our neighbors, and our friends; our mission is to bring visibility and accessibility to these causes.
COMMUNITY - We aim to prove the power of working together with a shared purpose of making a difference.
SOCIAL IMPACT - We hope the Do Good Bus experience will inspire passengers to keep doing good – at work, at home, and in their community.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for an experienced operations management person who can help Do Good Bus map their internal process and develop better methods of tracking their impact. The pro bono volunteer we are looking for will have excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills. Each volunteer is matched to a position and will meet with the Executive Director to ensure completion of the project.
- Create a process map and develop methods for more efficiency across programs and services
- Diagram and document methods with tracking best practices
- Assess current systems and recommend improvement with established best practices
- Ensure all task are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Experience in philanthropy and non-profits a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient in writing, communications or relevant field a plus
The time commitment is flexible, minimum of 3 months with approximately 3 hours each week (more if available), remote volunteer role, volunteers may need to be mindful of deadlines.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Adult Education
- Population Served: Animals, Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns, Military/Veterans, Offenders/Ex-offenders, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual,Transgender)
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: