WHAT: Lead volunteers in packing more than 300,000 meals for hungry L.A. residents. This is a national event held across several cities in which thousands of volunteers observe 9/11 by promoting service and national unity.
THE PROJECT: As a Project Leader, you will head the course for volunteers and make sure the job gets done. Project Leader duties may include:
- Instructing volunteers how to pack the meals
- Running ingredients and finished meals between tables
- Sorting/opening supply boxes
- Checking in volunteers
- Handing out safe-food-handling gear
- Guiding parking
- Directing volunteers and answering general questions
- Maintaining VIP and break rooms
- 7:00am - 1:30pm. Breakfast at top of shift.
- 12:30pm - 6:30pm. Dinner at end of shift.
- Runners must be able to lift up to 50lbs. If you're unable to do so, we can assign you to a different role.
- Most leaders will stand for most of their shift. Please let us know if you're unable to do so.
- Please note the meals may include soy and other food allergens. An allergen-free environment is not guaranteed.
- Please come in closed-toe shoes and comfy clothes you don't mind getting dirty in.
every Project Leader gets two tickets to the following Wednesday 9/18 Dodger game!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness, Civic & Community
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Food Preparation & Meal Services,Collecting, Sorting & Packaging
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 17+, Minimum Age:17+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: