Quick Overview: If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an acumen for analyzing and evaluating finances consider a volunteer opportunity as a nonprofit financial consultant.
Organization Name and Website: Families In Schools, http://www.familiesinschools.org
Mission or Broader Program Description: Families In Schools (FIS) recognizes the value of strong family-school partnerships in supporting student achievement. Consequently, we provide programs and professional development that fosters authentic parent engagement by building the skills, knowledge, and confidence of both parents and staff on how to work together. FIS targets low-income and underserved communities recognizing that access to quality education continues to be the gateway out of poverty and the road to the American dream.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Construct an interactive financial model; evaluate an organization’s current revenue streams and how best to diversify; create a structure around a nonprofit’s charitable contributions or earned income. Volunteers will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess current financial recording keeping system/ practices
- Lead development of a process for updating those systems
- Implement and lead staff on nonprofit fiduciary best practices
- Work with bookkeeper to coordinate an organizational financial plan
- Prepare tax returns and prepare the paperwork needed for the organizations 990
- Accounting background
- Experience in the non-profit world is ideal
- Able to relay information and train paid staff on best practices
Time commitment of 6-8 hours per month for at least 3 months. Flexible with your schedule. Potential to work remotely.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: