Quick Overview: Staffing the Volunteer Check-in Table
Mission or Broader Program Description: The mission of Venice Community Housing (VCH) is to reduce homelessness, maximize affordable housing, empower low-income constituents, provide social services, and advocate for public policy that protects and strengthens the economic, racial and cultural diversity of Venice and other neighborhoods on the Westside of Los Angeles.
Impact: Volunteer efforts would help support our annual fundraiser, the Jazz Champagne Brunch. All funds raised from this event support the development of housing for low-income individuals and families, and the development of housing for chronically homeless individuals and families. Funds will also support our after-school programs, our education and job training program for transitional aged youth, and our case management services for all of our residents and those still experiencing homelessness.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Check in volunteers to ensure they sign in and out
- Distribute name tag, lanyard, and T-Shirt to each individual
- Excellent customer service skills
- Reliable, responsible and polite
- Must be over 15
- Please show up in black bottoms. Wear a white shirt with it, or you can wear one of our Jazz t-shirts!
Additional Details: All volunteers receive a free lunch! Additional information about volunteering is available on our website: http://www.vchcorp.org/jazz/jazz-volunteer/
Accessibility: The event is on flat ground at street level. Restroom available for anyone differently abled.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: