Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
⚙ STOCK THE PANTRY: Sort Food with AIDS Project L.A.
*UPDATE: The health and safety of everyone who attends our volunteer events is our top priority. Please know that we continue to monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and we are taking necessary precautions.
WHAT: Prepare nutritious grocery bags for those living with HIV/AIDS.
ABOUT APLA: APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. https://aplahealth.org/
VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES: Volunteers help prepare grocery and nutrition bags for distribution through the Necessities of Life Program, which provides food and other basic necessities to low-income people living with HIV/AIDS.
IMPACT: APLA Health and Wellness is dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by HIV disease, reducing the incidence of HIV infection, and advocating for fair and effective HIV-related public policy.
- APLA policy prohibits the following: tank tops, sleeveless shirts, sandals, or open-toe shoes.
- Tuberculosis is the leading cause of death for people living with HIV, so repeat volunteers must provide evidence of a negative TB test.
- PLEASE DO NOT VOLUNTEER IF
- You feel sick or have been near anyone who appears sick.
- You are at high risk for serious illness.
- In addition to standard health and sanitation procedures, APLA Staff will:
- Take your temperature before the day begins to ensure you do not have a fever.
- Implement social distancing measures. Staff will ensure appropriate distance is maintained between each volunteer during check-in, orientation, and during the volunteer event.
- Provide hand sanitizer for use.
- Provide gloves to all volunteers.
- Provide face masks to all volunteers.
- Display best practices throughout the event, encouraging everyone to wash their hands for at least twenty seconds and avoid shaking hands.
REQUIREMENTS: Minors over 16 may volunteer for this project, but must bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors.
REQUIREMENTS TO VOLUNTEER DURING COVID-19: You must
- not been or felt sick in the last 2 weeks
- not been around anyone who has been or felt sick in the last 2 weeks
- bring your own mask
- if possible, bring your own hand sanitizer
- All volunteers must wear masks at all times.
- You must wash your hands at the beginning and end of the volunteer activity, and any time after touching your face.
- Physical contact is to be avoided and 6 foot distancing will be required.
- Please avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, or mouth. Wash your hands immediately if you do so.
- Practice good coughing/sneezing etiquette.
QUESTIONS? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
WANT TO SIGN UP? Select the date you want below and click the Sign Up button!
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for our nonprofit partner and is led by an L.A. Works Volunteer Project Leader. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
By clicking “sign up,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am signing up Activities that are coordinated and managed in conjunction with a third party Agency or Organization, and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction over the site where these Activities take place. The site of these Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise. By clicking “sign up,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: