Project Description: Clean the streets of LA one jog at a time! Plogging is a fitness craze from Sweden that is quickly gaining popularity in the US. The term combines the word “jogging” with the Swedish term “plocka upp”, which means to pick up.
The goal is to pick up trash while jogging. It's fun exercise for people who care about the environment.
Our event was on the local and national news!
We will be plogging (running and picking up trash) on a 5-mile stretch along Griffin Ave, the Arroyo Seco, and in Debs Park.
The run will start and end in Audubon Center courtyard. The specific route (up to 5 miles) will be provided at the start of the run. Trash drop off points will be at all trail intersections and at the Audubon center.
Schedule and route: Please note both the start time and the route will differ depending on the date. Kevin-led days begin at 8:30am and involve a longer flatter run; Alma-led days begin at 9am and involve more hiking and elevation change.
Dress Code: Comfortable activewear and running shoes.
If you can, please bring: water, gloves, reusable plastic grocery bags
Questions: Email the Opportunity Leader below.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community
- Population Served: Animals, Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities, People with Disabilities, People with Health-Based Concerns, Other, Military/Veterans, Offenders/Ex-offenders, Visitors & Travelers, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual,Transgender)
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: