Quick Overview: Roll and pass out burritos with fellow volunteers with our mobile food truck!
Mission or Broader Program Description: Each weeknight, Share a Meal volunteers, with the help of our mobile food truck, roll over 150 burritos to pass out to people experiencing homelessness along with waters. We strongly believe in the mission of sharing a meal, a smile, and a human interaction with the most marginalized population in our community.
Impact: Last year we donated over 40,000 meals to those in need across Los Angeles, engaged hundreds of local volunteers, and we recognized by Los Angeles City Hall and the Obama Administration.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: To volunteer in Skid Row, every Monday night, meet us at the coner of 3rd St. & San Pedro at 6:30. Look for the bright orange food truck! Service will conclude around 9:45.
Requirements: Please wear close-toed shoes.
* Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
- Organization Name: Share a Meal
- Organization Url: https://www.shareameal.net/
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: