What: Lead other volunteers in guitar lessons for underserved youth.
About Hathaway Sycamores: Hathaway enriches the well-being of children, adults, families, and communities via a wide range of services such as youth residences, mental health support, foster care, and more.
The volunteer opportunity you'd lead: At "MUSICWORKS: Guitar with At-Risk Youth," kids with limited exposure to music learn to play guitar, write their own songs, and express themselves. Community volunteers who can play the guitar act as tutors to help them.
As the Project Leader, you'd:
- design and lead the guitar classes
- confirm, orient, and supervise volunteers
- manage all communication between volunteers, Hathaway, and L.A. Works
Time Commitment: Every other Saturday morning from 10:30am - 12:30pm.
Location: Highland Park in East L.A.
Project Leader Requirements:
- Some skill in guitar required, but expertise is not
- Leaders must attend an L.A. Works training.
- Leaders must clear Hathaway Sycamore's background checks
Project Leader Benefits:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Arts & Culture, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Low-income Communities, Other
- Activity Type: Tutoring
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: