City Ballet of Los Angeles has a mission is to provide Los Angeles with its own ballet company; unique and representative of this multicultural community. Presenting work that is a mixture of classical and contemporary dance theater, examining untraditional themes and blending music from all over the world. In keeping with the tradition of classical dance, City Ballet of Los Angeles is preserving the standards of excellence in its presentation of the art of dance.
Organization Name and Website:City Ballet of Los Angeles. http://www.cityballetofla.org/cblahome.html
Opportunity Description: City Ballet is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized individual who is interested in growing the organization’s digital footprint. The Communications and Public Relation Strategist will help build external communications via social media, newsletters, and materials. Someone who is creative and be committed to bringing awareness of City Ballet’s work and bring in more volunteers and funding to support our fantastic students!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate would have the ability to be well versed in the communications field, which could require researching industry trends and conducting media outreach. It may be necessary to work with advertisers and print vendors to establish quotes and ensure timely and useable materials.
This volunteer will be in charge of developing City Ballet’s social media presence, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. The volunteer will take a lead role in developing our online presence and make recommendations about new social media outlets. Volunteer will also generate/research story ideas and content to post on social media, maintain photo galleries, and respond to requests and comments online.
Requirements: Candidate must have appropriate equipment such as laptop to work remotely. Must believe in the mission of the organization and not discriminate due to race, gender, socio-economic status or any other factor that may impact our staff, volunteers, and the populations we serve.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Should have an interest in media and communications
- Must be a skilled a writer and pay attention to detail when proofreading
- Strong web research skills
- Familiarity with major social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Familiarity with communications and marketing software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is mandatory
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and HTML/Website skills are preferred
Time Commitment:Volunteer is asked to commit to at least 10 hours per month.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: