Quick Overview: If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an expertise in strategic planning, experience being on a board of directors, and want to help a nonprofit grow their impact to Angelenos in need (both two legged and four legged) consider volunteering with PalsNPets.
Organization Name and Website: PalsNPetshttp://www.palsnpets.org/
Mission or Broader Program Description: PalsNPets is dedicated to homeless pet owners and their pets. We are a unique kind of organization providing services and creating shelters specific to the needs of this group, who are often the most in need and we believe have a higher potential to turn their lives around.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for an experienced executive management person who can help PalsNPets with their strategic planning. The pro bono strategic planner we are looking for will have excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills. Each volunteer is matched to a position and will meet with the Executive Director to ensure completion of the project.
- Develop or update strategic plan for the organization
- Diagram and document methods with tracking best practices
- Generate a report that analyzes the operation of the nonprofit
- Assess current systems and recommend improvement with established best practices
- Ensure all task are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Experience in board of directors’ services and non-profits a plus
- Previous experience in strategic planning
- Proven record with developing and implementing a strategic plan
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient in writing, communications or relevant field a plus
The time commitment is flexible, minimum of 3 months with approximately 5 hours each week (more if available), remote volunteer role, volunteers may need to be mindful of deadlines.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Animals, Homeless, Low-income Communities, Military/Veterans
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: