What: Come do yoga, junior Olympics, axe-throwing - ok maybe not axe-throwing - with Aviva kids while their guardians attend class.
Aviva is a non-profit serving Los Angeles children and families in crisis via compassionate support, therapeutic services, and guidance.
Volunteer Project: Volunteers and kids will do obstacle courses, relay races, and other physical activities before winding down with yoga and meditation. While their guardians attend enrichment classes, these kids (infants to school age) will be lifting their minds and spirits with an emphasis on physical fitness.
Additional Details: To positively influence the lives of Aviva's youth and/or adults:
- Maintain appropriate boundaries, no physical contact
- Provide a listening ear instead of advice
- Leave your smokes and vapes at home
- Respect privacy by taking no photos
- Have a positive attitude
- Model commitment
- Be professional
- Most importantly - have FUN!
Age requirement: 21 and older.
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at email@example.com.
Questions? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
If you would like to volunteer for this opportunity, please click on the SIGN UP button.
*This is a Signature Project ed by an L.A. Works Volunteer Project Leader for a non-profit partner. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
- Organization Name: Aviva Family & Children's Services
- Organization Url: http://www.avivacenter.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: