Quick Overview: If you are passionate about growing a non-profit, have interest in gender parity and inclusion in the workforce, have an interest in the entertainment industry, and have an eye for identifying fundraising opportunities, then consider a volunteering as a grant researcher and writer for Women In Media.
Organization Name and Website: Women in Media, https://womennmedia.com
Mission or Broader Program Description: Women in Media encourages gender balance in film and entertainment industries by providing networking, professional development, and advocacy for above and below the line women and the people who love making movies with them.We are an intersectional group of women and woman identifying crew members in the film, television, and new media industries.
Description: We are looking for experienced grant writers/fundraisers/networkers who can research and identify funding for Women in Media. The pro bono grant researcher we are looking for will have excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents
- Draft proposals and other correspondence to solicit grant funds
- Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements
- Ensure proposals and grant reports are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Experience in philanthropy and non-profits a plus
- Proven experience as a nonprofit grant writer a big plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient in writing, communications or relevant field a plus
- Self starter who can work independently and with a team
The time commitment is flexible, minimum 5 + hours each week until the completion of the project, remote volunteer role, volunteers need to be mindful of deadlines.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Arts & Culture
- Population Served: Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: