Quick Overview: We are working to fight hunger and food waste in Southern California, and we'd love to have you join us.
Mission or Broader Program Description: Food Forward fights hunger and prevents food waste by rescuing fresh surplus produce, connecting this abundance with people in need, and inspiring others to do the same.
Impact: You will be collecting beautiful fresh fruits and vegetables that would otherwise get thrown away, and donating 100% to local food banks, pantries, and shelters.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Join the Volunteer Glean Team to help us collect donations of fresh produce from vendors at your local farmers market and box, sort, and weigh the produce. Volunteers should be comfortable carrying boxes of produce that may weigh up to 40 pounds, but don't need to worry about bringing equipment or transporting the food. Wear comfortable work clothing and close-toed shoes, and bring water to drink.
Volunteers must be at least 12 years old, and children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
* Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
**All volunteers must register through the Food Forward website. Sign up here: www.foodforward.org/volunteer.**
- Organization Name: Food Forward
- Organization Url: https://www.foodforward.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: