Quick Overview: The purpose of this position is to perform Community Partner readiness and capacity building activities across all phases of Disaster Cycle Services for the purpose of enabling effective service delivery for preparedness programs and during response and recovery operations.
Mission or Broader Program Description: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Impact: Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanity work of the Red Cross. Our work is possible because of people like YOU.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Community Partnerships collaborate with other non-profits,community groups, faith-based, civic groups, and other community stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to engage in programs and service delivery across prepare, response and recover while adhering to the principles of the Red Cross.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Community Partnerships function:
- Support the annual chapter plan for a community response by building and maintaining relationships through collaboration and facilitating communication with partners, coordinating projects, and participating in local response activities
- Projects may include tasks such as conducting meeting with partners to build relationships, planning and participating in exercises with partners, or assisting with community response planning.
Requirements: Ability to follow and implement requests received from supervisor with little supervision, adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity, build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals, be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness, and use facilitative leadership and collaboration techniques to build and manage relationships
This is an on-going volunteer opportunity with flexibility in schedule.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Disaster & Emergency Services
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: