Recovery Casework Team Member - American Red Cross
Quick Overview: Support the disaster recovery of individuals, families, and communities through the activities of Casework and Recovery Planning, Recovery Systems, and Community Recovery.
Mission or Broader Program Description: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Impact: Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanity work of the Red Cross. Our work is possible because of people like YOU.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Conduct client interviews: both initial interview and follow-up conversations, according to standards
2. Assess qualifications for direct client assistance
3. Use the Client Assistance System to document the assistance and services provided in the client record according to standards
4. Assist with recovery planning, problem-solving and advocacy on request according to standards
5. Provide clients with information and referrals to community partners
6. Learn about the Recovery activities and develop knowledge, skills, expertise in Casework and Recovery Planning, Systems and/or Community Recovery.
Length of Volunteer Service: This is an on-going volunteer opportunity with the option to work remotely after completing required training.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
- Be kind, caring, resourceful, knowledgeable.
- Demonstrate interest in learning about community resource organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting.
- Has the ability to use or is willing to learn to use our Client Assistance System (CAS).
- Customer Focus
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients, internal and external customers; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: