Quick Overview: Volunteer at CicLAvia—Heart of LA Celebrating UCLA 100 to help create fun, safe car-free streets for the community!
Mission Statement: CicLAvia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation, and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other.
Program Description: Join us on October 6 for a special edition of CicLAvia's beloved Heart of LA route, presented by Metro and celebrating UCLA's centennial. Come along for the ride as we explore Westlake, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Boyle Heights, and DTLA(where UCLA originally began as a teachers college), by bike, board, or foot.
Impact: Ensure a safe and successful CicLAvia event for participants and the community.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
‣ Help with way-finding, slow zones and dismount areas
‣ Provide participants with route and activity information
‣ Sign people up for the CicLAvia mailing list and free drawing
‣ Minimum volunteer age is 14.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
‣ Volunteer shift is outdoors, rain or shine.
‣ Volunteers may be required to stand or walk for the duration of their shift.
Perks of being a CicLAvia volunteer:
‣ Meet other volunteers who are passionate about Los Angeles and CicLAvia!
‣ Free snacks for volunteers! Free lunch for those who sign up for 2+ shifts.
‣ An exclusive CicLAvia volunteer t-shirt!
Accessibility: The CicLAvia route, including all hubs, is completely ADA accessible. For ADA participants who wish to volunteer, let your on-site volunteer captain know if you will have any difficulty standing or walking during your shift so that they may accommodate.
Parking: CicLAvia does not provide or reimburse parking. For those who wish to take public transportation, all of our hubs are accessible via the Metro Red, Purple, or Gold Lines.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: