WHAT: Lead other volunteers in piano lessons for underserved youth.
ABOUT ANGELICA CENTER FOR ARTS AND MUSIC: ACAM is a community-based arts education organization whose mission is to nurture and mentor at-risk youth of the in the arts in the greater Pico-Union neighborhood. ACAM seeks to empower youth, build self-confidence and self-esteem by developing their creative talents and honing their skills in music, theatre and dance.
THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY YOU'D LEAD: At "MUSICWORKS: Piano Lessons with At-Risk Youth," kids with limited exposure to music learn to play piano, write their own songs, and express themselves. Community volunteers who can play the piano act as tutors to help them.
AS A PROJECT LEADER, YOU'D:
- design and lead the piano lessons to kids aged 7-14
- confirm, orient, and supervise volunteers
- manage all communication between volunteers, ACAM, and L.A. Works
TIME COMMITMENT: Every other Saturday 9am-11am.
LOCATION: Pico Union Neighborhood
PROJECT LEADER REQUIREMENTS:
- Some skill in piano required, but expertise is not
- Leaders must attend an L.A. Works training.
- Leaders must clear ACAM's background checks
PROJECT LEADER BENEFITS:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Arts & Culture
- Population Served: Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: