Quick Overview: We're looking for some TOP OF THE LINE Volunteers to help us make our Gala happen. Tasks include setting up tables, preparing giftbags, setting up our VIP Room... DID I MENTION you will get free food??
Mission or Broader Program Description: Thirst Project is the WORLD'S LARGEST YOUTH WATER ORGAINZATION. We build freshwater wells in developing communities through the education and activation of students. Our Gala is our BIGGEST night of the year, where we get 600 of our closest students, donors, board members, and celebrity friends together to inspire one another to CONTINUE to END the global water crisis.
Impact: Your time volunteering with Thirst Project means that we will be able to give more people clean water around the world. With every donation you process, every box you lift, with every chair you setup, with every gift bag you stuff, you're helping us get one step closer to ENDING the global water crisis. Some may see this as just a Gala setup team, we see this as a team full of world changers, making magic happen that will change lives!
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: Your main responsibility will be to help us process donations during our Live Auction! After processing donations during our LIve Auction, you are then more than welcome to enjoy the show! Our Gala is at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles, one of the most BEAUTIFUL spaces in all of LA.
Requirements: 14 years or older. Must be ready to change the world. Must be ready to have a blast at the Beverly Hilton!
* Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
- Here is the website with all of the logistical information (www.thirstproject.org/gala)
- Date: Sept 28th.
- Time: 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Location: Beverly Hilton, Beverly Hills, CA. 9876 Wilshire Blvd. Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Attire is Black Pants, plain Black Shirt, and Comfortable shoes.
- Volunteers will be fed Dinner!
- Parking is first come first serve in the self park garage. PLEASE DO NOT VALET! We will have parking validation for most volunteers. If you can, Uber or Carpool with friends!
- Upon Arrival you will check in at the lobby, fill out your volunteer forms, you will be trained on the Live Auction Donation Procees, and you will be going through a walk-through of the Hilton.
- Duties and Responsibilities: Your primary duty is assisting during our LIVE AUCTION portion of the show (helping process donations via credit card with IPADS). We may also ask you to help with miscellaneous tasks that include Gift bag setup, pre-reception room setup, walk through experience setup, green room setup, helping with the hair and makeup team, assist with the production office, turning over VIP room, load out of equipment, preparing gift bags.
- Last, but not least, come and have a blast!!!!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: