WHAT: Lead volunteers in teaching kids how to make songs on drum machines.
DESCRIPTION OF NON-PROFIT PARTNER: Aviva is a non-profit serving Los Angeles children and families in crisis via compassionate support, therapeutic services, and guidance.
THE VOLUNTEER PROJECT YOU'D MANAGE: At "MUSICWORKS: Make Beats With Kids", 3-6 volunteers help under-served kids write their own songs using drum machines. You'll lead the class and the volunteers.
IMPACT: Did you know that music education has been linked to higher emotional stability, IQ, and fewer dropouts? You can be the person who helped make these statistics a reality.
TIME COMMITMENT: Two Saturdays a month 11am-1pm.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Volunteers must:
- Be 18+
- Have some experience with drum machines (Volunteers will have time to learn specific drum machine before leading)
- Complete an L.A. Works training and Aviva Background checks
WANT TO SIGN UP? Click "Express Interest" below
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Arts & Culture
- Population Served: Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: