Quick Overview: You’ll spend the day or weekend working one-on-one with a student to listen to their story and help shape their life experiences into responses that reveal the student’s incredible dedication and character.
Organization and website: 826LA, https://826la.org
Mission and Program Description: 826LA is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting students ages 6 to 18 with their creative and expository writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write. Our Tenth Annual Great Los Angeles Personal Statement Weekend is on the horizon, and we need you to help high school seniors increase their chances at gaining admission to their dream colleges.
Impact: Your volunteer efforts will support our students, as we work together to increase educational opportunities for LA youth.
Requirements: Before you help students fulfill their collegiate potential, you must complete two important steps:
- Complete and pass a Live Scan background check by Friday, October 11th.
- Attend a mandatory 826LA College Application Essay training. To register, fill out the form on our website: http://826la.org/volunteerpsw/. You must also be available on Saturday, October 19th from 10 AM- 3 PM or Sunday, October 20, 10 AM- 3 PM
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: