Lead volunteers in learning how to advocate for policies to end homelessness.
About our partners:
L.A. Works is partnering with City Council District 4 and United Way's Everyone In, which is a community movement to end our homelessness and housing crisis by building public and political will to create affordable and supportive housing in every part of L.A. County.
The volunteer event you'd manage:
At "TAKE ACTION: Homelessness Advocacy Bootcamp," you would lead a group of 20+ volunteers in learning and then completing a different advocacy skill each session. The Project Leader would be paired with a Subject Matter expert who would assist in booking speakers and designing the curriculum, while the Project Leader would be responsible for logistics.
One evening or weekend per month, for a minimum of 6 months.
Project Leader Requirements:
- Expertise in the area of homelessness not necessary, but a strong commitment to the cause is
- Attend an L.A. Works training.
Project Leader Responsibilities:
- Recruit and confirm volunteers
- Orient guest speakers and presenters
- Prepare venue and any needed materials
- Manage all communication between volunteers, LAFH, and L.A. Works
- Deliver opening and closing remarks
Project Leader Benefits:
- Greatly increase your knowledge of government policy and advocacy
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Homeless
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: