What: Lead other volunteers at BCR's monthly dance party for special needs adults.
About BCR: BCR is a nonprofit organization that offers day programs for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Its mission is to enable its participants to develop their abilities so they may become independent and contributing members of the community.
The volunteer opportunity you'd lead: At "GOT RHYTHM: Dance the Night Away" volunteers come to dance and socialize with special needs adults. Volunteers may also help serve food or refreshments.
As the Project Leader, you'd:
- confirm volunteers beforehand
- orient volunteers at event
- manage all communication between volunteers, BCR, and L.A. Works
Time Commitment: One Friday per month, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Project Leader Requirements:
- Prior experience with special needs populations not required, but a willingness to learn is
- Must attend an L.A. Works training
- Must clear BCR's background checks
- Must commit to leading for a minimum of 6 months
Project Leader Benefits:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Sports & Recreation, Arts & Culture
- Population Served: People with Disabilities
- Activity Type: Caring for People
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: