WHAT: Help youth learn and rehearse guitar.
DESCRIPTION OF NON-PROFIT PARTNER: Friends of the Family is a comprehensive family resource center known for pioneering innovative, practical programs where families are recognized as central to a child’s well being and are supported to build on their skills and strengths.
VOLUNTEER PROJECT: Come help kids aged 8-17 with little to no access to music education learn how to play guitar. Under the guidace of a Project Leader, you'll help students one on one.
IMPACT: Did you know kids with music education have higher self esteem, test scores, and graduation rates? You can be the person who helped make that happen.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Volunteers must:
- be aged 18+
- play guitar at at least a beginner's level
- complete an interview with Friends of the Family, a background check, and a TB test prior to volunteering
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Arts & Culture, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: