What: Lead other volunteers in tennis with KEEN's special needs children.
About KEEN: KEEN (Kids Enjoy Exercise Now) is a nonprofit organization that provides one-to-one recreational opportunities for children and young adults with mental and physical disabilities. KEEN L.A.’s mission is to foster the self-esteem, confidence, skills, and talents of its athletes through non-competitive activities.
The Volunteer Opportunity You Will Lead: Led by a professional tennis coach, KEEN athletes aged 5 - 18 play tennis while volunteers work one-on-one with them.
Project Leader Role & Responsibilities: L.A. Works Project Leaders will match volunteers to KEEN athletes and also lead the ending pride circle, as well as manage the online volunteer posting and all communications between volunteers, KEEN, and L.A. Works.
Location: Echo Park
Time commitment: Two Saturdays per month, 12pm - 3pm
- Prior experience working with disabled individuals not required but patience and kind-heartedness is
- Commit to a minimum of 6 months as a Project Leader
- Attend and L.A. Works training
- Clear KEEN background checks
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at email@example.com.
Interested? Please click on the EXPRESS INTEREST button below.
- Organization Name: KEEN L.A.
- Organization Url: http://www.keenlosangeles.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Sports & Recreation
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: