Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Project Management Volunteer
Quick Overview: The volunteer will be working with The RSVP Team at LA Works to set up and administer a new Telecare program for isolated seniors around Los Angeles.
Organization Name and Website: The RSVP Program at LA Works https://www.laworks.com/rsvp
Mission or Broader Program Description: Our Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) offers volunteer opportunities uniquely designed to tap into the experience, skills, and wisdom that those age 55 and over bring.
Description: This volunteer will be working with staff to create the standard operating procedures for a brand new telecare program and to set up and oversee the management of the program's procedures. Procedures will include recruiting, matching callers with call recipients, and tracking volunteer hours on a weekly basis.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creating, organizing and managing the matching of volunteer callers to call recipients.
- Creating, organizing and managing the tracking of volunteer hours.
- Organizing paper and electronic files
- Data entry
- Create calendars, forms, and other necessary materials
- Internet Research
- Other organizational duties as required
- Good communication and writing skills
- Exudes an outgoing and pleasant attitude
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Reliable "team player"
- Confident self-starter
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook/Excel
- Volunteers must be comfortable with using a computer and internet to accomplish clerical work.
Time commitment is a minimum of 10 hours per week for 4 to 6 months.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: