Update: The LA Regional Food Bank is still committed to getting food to those who need it during the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of volunteers is our top priority and we are taking necessary precautions listed below.
About the L.A. Regional Food Bank: LARFB provides food support to numerous community agencies serving Los Angeles, ranging from large homeless shelters that feed hundreds of people a day to small daycare programs. It is the second largest foodbank operating in the United States.
Volunteer Project: Come on down with fellow L.A. Works volunteers to sort, stack and shelve valuable food to distribute to the hungry throughout Los Angeles. Make someone's day or dinner!
- ALL volunteers must bring a signed L.A. Regional Food Bank Release Form. Volunteers under 18 must have both the Foodbank and an L.A. Works Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors signed by a parent/guardian
- Volunteers for this project must be at least 14 years of age.
Dress Code: Casual attire and closed-toe shoes.
Prohibited attire: tank tops, sleeveless shirts, sandals, open-toed or high-heeled shoes.
Special COVID-19 Precautions: In addition to standard health and sanitation procedures, the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, has also committed to:
- Implementing social distancing measures. Food Bank staff will ensure appropriate distance is maintained between each volunteer during check-in, orientation, and during the volunteer event.
- Providing hand sanitizer pumps.
- Sanitation staff will sanitize the facility once an hour, both inside and out, meeting room, door frames, restrooms, break room, door handles, and other often touched surfaces.
- Providing gloves to all volunteers.
- We will also display best practices throughout the event, encouraging everyone to wash their hands for at least twenty seconds and to elbow bump instead of shake hands.
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
Want to sign up? If you would like to volunteer for this opportunity, please click on the SIGN UP button.
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for our nonprofit partner and is led by an L.A. Works Volunteer Project Leader. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am aware and understand that I am being referred to Activities that are coordinated and managed by a third party Agency or Organization and that L.A. Works has no jurisdiction, control, or oversight over these Activities. The Activities may be inherently dangerous and may expose me to a variety of foreseen and unforeseen hazards and risks including exposure to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”). The Activities may involve a degree of contact with clients who need assistance and other volunteers who may be carriers of COVID-19 and that personal protective equipment may not be available for my use and/or effective against preventing transmission of COVID-19 whether as a result of my own actions or otherwise. By clicking “express interest,” I acknowledge that I am voluntarily participating in the Activities and have considered those risks. I hereby expressly and specifically assume such risks, including any and all risk of injury, illness, harm, or loss that I may incur as a result of my participation in the Activities. I hereby fully and forever release and discharge L.A. Works from, and expressly waive, any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that may arise from my participation in the Activities.
- Organization Name: L.A. Regional Food Bank (LARFB)
- Organization Url: http://www.lafoodbank.org
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Food Preparation & Meal Services,Collecting, Sorting & Packaging,Featured
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: