Customer Service Volunteers will help support staff in keeping the doors open for the AT Center, the first LGBT organization serving the recovery community in the nation.
Mission or Broader Program Description:
The purpose of the AT Center is to help alcoholic/addicted LGBT gain permanent remission of their disease, recover their lives and realize healthy, harmonious and prideful relationships with themselves, their lovers, families, friends and communities.
The AT Center seeks to “treat” alcohol and otherwise-addicted LGBT through the peer counseling tools of fellowship and affiliation, the hallmarks of the 12-steps Program Movement. The results of treatment are sobriety, rehabilitation and the breaking of old, addiction-centered socialization patterns.
Your volunteer efforts will allow the AT Center to run efficiently and offer continued programming to the LGBT community.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities/Requirements:
- Weekly, 5 hour shifts available
- Activities could include some of the following:
- Check meeting rooms for orderliness
- Sell concessions at concession stand
- Answer phones and make meeting referrals
- Help account for inventory
- Close and lock up facility
- Be a friendly, sober face of the AT Center for all who drop by
- Organization Name: AT Center
- Organization Url: http://www.12stepinstitute.org/
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Health & Wellness
- Population Served: Low-income Communities, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,Bisexual,Transgender)
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: