Help The Academy Project reach more foster youth and advance our mission.
The Academy Project is a 501c3 working to improve academic and life outcomes of foster and homeless youth in South Los Angeles through holistic planning, community, education, and empowerment. Over 35,000 foster youth live in LA County. 28,000 foster youth live in the entire state of New York. The systems here are overwhelmed and failing and so many children are falling through the cracks.
With your help, experience, and expertise, The Academy Project can take the leap to the next level. Help us maintain the excellent programming we have and grow it to reach more youth. There is so much need for programs like ours. Help us increase our impact and our reach
Volunteer Role: Help The Academy Project build our donor program. Use your unique talents and skills to change the lives of children. Volunteers can work remotely.
- Develop The Academy Project's development and donor plan
- Create fundraising campaigns and strategies
- Create a network of generous donors that want to support foster and homeless youth
- Be a Fearless Ambassador and True Believer in our mission
- Gain experience in board of directors’ services and non-profits
- Have previous experience in fundraising and development
- Have a working knowledge of MS Office/Google Docs
- Have outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Be proficient in writing and communication
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: