Mission: Prepare nutritious grocery bags for those living with HIV/AIDS.
Impact: APLA Health and Wellnes is dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by HIV disease, reducing the incidence of HIV infection, and advocating for fair and effective HIV-related public policy.
Volunteer Project: Volunteers help prepare grocery and nutrition bags for distribution through the Necessities of Life Program, which provides food and other basic necessities to low-income people living with HIV/AIDS.
- APLA policy prohibits the following: tank tops, sleeveless shirts, sandals, or open-toe shoes.
- APLA requires all volunteers to complete 1) an online application and 2) the release form packet.
- Tuberculosis is the leading cause of death for people living with HIV, so repeat volunteers must provide evidence of a negative TB test.
Minors: Minors over 16 may volunteer for this project, but must bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors.
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email the Opportunity Leader below.
If you would like to volunteer for this opportunity, please click on the SIGN UP button.
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for our nonprofit partner and is led by an L.A. Works Volunteer Project Leader. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities, People with Health-Based Concerns
- Activity Type: Food Preparation & Meal Services,Collecting, Sorting & Packaging
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: