Founded in 1996, Alexandria House is a transitional residence and house of hospitality providing safe and supportive housing for women and children in the process of moving from emergency shelter to economic stability and permanent housing. Located in the densely populated and ethnically diverse Mid-Wilshire area, Alexandria House also serves its broader neighborhood community by providing educational and enrichment opportunities for the residents and neighbors alike.
Program Description: In response to the compelling needs of the women and children living in the house, as well as the neighborhood needs before us each day, the goal of Alexandria House is to be a community-oriented transitional house and neighborhood center which is intentionally multicultural, anti-racist and where the needs of women who are economically poor are central. We are supported by a community of caring individuals and groups who share our mission.
- Organization Name: Alexandria House
- Organization Url: https://www.alexandriahouse.org/
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Family Services
- Population Served: Families, Homeless, Low-income Communities
- Activity Type: Cleaning,Gardening/Planting,Painting,Collecting, Sorting & Packaging
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: