WHO: Gobble Gobble Give
WHAT: Deliver a dish of food prepared by you & help sort other foods, clothing, and toiletries for those experiencing homelessness.
WHEN: Thanksgiving Day
WHERE: DTLA, exact address will be disclosed upon registration below
WHY: On this day of gratitude, share some of the things you are thankful for with others who are not as fortunate
REQUIREMENT: PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING:
- A DISH OF FOOD. Already cooked. Warm is preferred. It can be as little as a side of vegetables (corn, green beans, stuffing). We can always use cooked turkeys and main course items. Of course, desserts are always welcome too.
- FIVE SMALL TOILETRY KITS. that include a: toothbrush/toothpaste, soap and shampoo.
- CLOTHING AND BLANKETS. Please bring any used blankets and/or gently used sweaters, jackets, shirts, socks, shoes, beanies/hats for men, women, and children
*This project is managed by L.A. Works for our nonprofit partner and is led by an L.A. Works Volunteer Project Leader. L.A. Works is a nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Hunger & Homelessness, Hunger & Homelessness
- Population Served: Homeless
- Activity Type: Food Preparation & Meal Services
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: