Hey you amazing dog loving volunteers,
Quick Overview: We have an Adoption Event Saturday, 11/16, and we need your help! Are you available from 1-6pm? If you can't stay the full 1-6pm, we have shorter shifts too: 1-4, 3-6 or helping with transports would be amazing too! Water is available for all, you'll be fed pizza and paid in doggie kisses!
Mission or Broader Program Description: We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to rescuing dogs from various Los Angeles shelters the day they are to be euthanized. Our goal is to help provide animals with a second chance to a happy life and to help reduce pet overpopulation through spay and neuter programs. Once rescued, we place our dogs into loving foster homes while they await adoption. We do not keep dogs in kennels. Placing the dogs in foster homes is the first step to rehabilitation, as it allows us to thoroughly evaluate a dog's demeanor and needs enabling us to make the perfect match of dog and permanent owner. We attribute our high rate of successful placement to our foster program. At Ace of Hearts, we do not discriminate against any breed, including those in the bully breed family. Additionally, Ace of Hearts is dedicated to educating the public on how to be responsible pet owners and on the importance of spaying and neutering. We believe the real solution to pet overpopulation is through spaying and neutering pets.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Helping with setup and/or teardown
- Transporting dogs from their foster homes to the event, or back home afterwards
- Refilling water bowls, making sure dogs have treats and are comfortable
- Walking dogs
- Hanging out with dogs (this is 70% of the job)
West HollyWood Petco
508 N Doheny Dr
West Hollywood, CA 90048
Time: 1:00pm to 6:00pm for Volunteers
(event runs from 2:00 to 5:00pm for the public)
All ages and ability levels are welcome!
- Under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All volunteers are required to fill out an Ace of Hearts Volunteer Waiver Form.
- We do Require a Volunteer Waiver from everyone, that will be sent via docusign.net. Please reply to an email you will get confirming you are able to volunteer.
- * Any volunteer under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
- If you aren't able to make it to this event, we have many volunteer opportunities every day!
- In addition to needing volunteers for this event, we are always in need of standby volunteers for the next two weeks. For example, transporting a dog to the vet or delivering medication for a dog in need, dog walking or even fostering for just a few nights.
- If this sounds of interest to you, please reply with your availability and tasks you might be interested in helping with.
- If you are available to help, please call 310-652-8683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you email us night before or day of event, we may not be able to get your email in time, so feel free to just show up!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Animals
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: