Quick Overview: If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a nonprofit, has experience with strategic planning, and wants to help a nonprofit grow their impact to help more foster and homeless youth in Los Angeles succeed in school and in life, consider volunteering with The Academy Project.
Organization Name and Website: The Academy Project http://www.theacademyproject.org/
Mission or Broader Program Description: The Academy Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working with foster and homeless youth in South Los Angeles to improve life and academic outcomes through holistic support, community, education, and empowerment. We offer two programs: Camp Xavier, our summer program and The Co-Op, our after-school program.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We are looking for an experienced executive management professional who can help The Academy Project create a strong and sustainable strategic plan. The pro bono strategic planner we are looking for will have experience in creating a clear plan for an organization that will help it grow and expand its services, excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills, and a passion for helping our most vulnerable citizens, our children. The volunteer will meet with the Executive Director and Board to ensure completion of the project.
- Develop a strategic plan for the organization with input from The Board of Directors, The Executive Director, and other major stakeholders.
- Diagram and document methods tracking best practices, potentially including a Theory of Change model.
- Generate a report that analyzes the operations of the nonprofit and assess current systems.
- Help create a robust strategic plan that will bring the organization to a sustainable position for growth over the next three years.
- Ensure all tasks are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Previous experience in strategic planning
- Proven record with developing and implementing a strategic plan
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations is a plus, but not necessary
- Outstanding collaborative, organizational and planning abilities
- Working knowledge of MS Office and/or Google Docs
- Proficient in writing and communications
- Passionate about The Academy Project’s mission and vision.
The Board and Executive Director are committed to taking the time necessary to create a strategic 3-year plan. The Pro Bono advisor will have their full participation. The time commitment is flexible, minimum of 3 months with approximately 5 hours each week (more if available), remote volunteer role, volunteers may need to be mindful of deadlines.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Pro-Bono, Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Families, Low-income Communities
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 55+, Minimum Age:55+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: