Quick Overview: Volunteer at CicLAvia—The Valley to help create fun, safe, car-free streets for the community!
Mission Statement: CicLAvia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation, and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other.
Program Description: On Sunday, December 8, CicLAvia will open up 5 miles of Sherman Way in Canoga Park, Winnetka, and Reseda to cyclists, pedestrians, runners, and skaters alike to explore as recreational space. This free community festival offers an opportunity for attendees of all ages and abilities to explore the car-free streets of The Valley. We encourage you to walk, run, take your time, and explore the many facets of these vibrant neighborhoods!
Impact: Ensure a safe and successful CicLAvia event for participants and the community.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
‣ Help with way-finding, slow zones and dismount areas
‣ Provide participants with route and activity information
‣ Sign people up for the CicLAvia mailing list and free drawing
‣ Minimum volunteer age is 14.
Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to bring and have signed by a parent/guardian a Volunteer Agreement & Release for Minors. The form can be found on L.A. Works website Q&A section.
‣ Volunteer shift is outdoors, rain or shine.
‣ Volunteers may be required to stand or walk for the duration of their shift.
Perks of being a CicLAvia volunteer:
‣ Meet other volunteers who are passionate about Los Angeles and CicLAvia
‣ Free snacks for volunteers! Free lunch for those who sign up for 2+ shifts.
‣ An exclusive CicLAvia volunteer t-shirt
Accessibility: The CicLAvia route, including all hubs, is completely ADA accessible. Volunteers may be required to stand or walk for the duration of their shift.
Parking: CicLAvia does not provide or reimburse parking. For those who wish to take public transportation, the hub is accessible via the Metro Orange Line.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Civic & Community
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: