WHAT: Help local high school students build a sustainable infrastructure for their new, organic school garden.
ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENTAL MEDIA ASSOCIATION: The Environmental Media Association if a diverse subsectino of entertainment industry influencers, business entrepreneurs, and green icons dedicated to promoting environmental progress. One of their school gardens at Bernstein H.S. includes beds for organic fruits and vegetables and provides opportunities for students to learn about how to grow nutritious food.
VOLUNTEER PROJECT: Volunteers will assist students and school representatives in maintintaining their gardens. You might plant seeds, spreach mulch, weed, or construct irrigation or shade systems.
Do you have either of the two following abilities? If so, you would be an extraordinary help:
- Construction knowledge
- The ability to transport soil from donors to the school
- Gardening knowledge not required, but helpful
- Bring sun protection, a hat, and clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- Wear closed-toe shoes and dress in layers
- We will provide basic tools, but if you have specialized gardening tools, please let us know
- We can always use seeds or seedlings and are happy to take any off your hands!
- Organization Name: Environmental Media Association
- Organization Url: https://www.green4ema.org/programs/ema-school-garden-program
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Environment
- Population Served: Low-income Communities, Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: