What: Be the behind-the-scenes hero at MLK Day by volunteering for the Event Crew - the folks who make sure the whole event runs smoothly!
What is MLK Day: On Monday January 20, 2020, 1000+ Angelenos will comemorate the Martin Luther King Day of Service holiday. The event kicks off with a breakfast conversation: A SEAT AT THE TABLE, co-hosted by LA Magazine and featuring trailblazing community leaders. After, volunteers will work together to beautify Orville Wright middle school.
When: Monday 1/20/2020, 7am - 3pm
Where: Orville Wright Middle School STEAM Magnet, 6550 W 80th St, Los Angeles 90045
What are the Responsibilities of Event Crew: Event crew duties may include:
- Setting up and tearing down
- Registering/signing in volunteers
- Entertainment and A/V assistance
- Monitoring VIP room
- Must attend an online/virtual training Saturday 1/18 morning
- Volunteers aged 16-18 must bring and have signed by a legal guardian an L.A. Works Volunteer Agreement & Release
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25 lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
Teams/Groups: Event Crew work in teams of 5-20 and as long as you sign up as a team, we're happy to put you to work together!
Accessibility: L.A. Works firmly believes that we strengthen the social fabric of our community by involving all in service. If you feel you need accommodations to participate in this project, please email us at email@example.com.
Want to sign up? Please click on the SIGN-UP button below.
Questions? Please email the Opportunity Coordinator below.
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Children & Youth Education
- Population Served: Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: