What: Lead other volunteers in taking Alexandria Care Center residents out for some shopping!
About Alexandria Care Center: Alexandria Care Center is a skilled nursing facility that provides both short-term rehabilitation to get elderly clients healthy and back home and long-term care for those requiring 24-hour assistance.
The volunteer opportunity you'd lead: The elderly clients at Alexandria Care Center don't always have the chance to get out of their rooms very much. To boost their spirits and get some fresh air, "LEND A HAND: Wheels for Deals with Seniors" offers them a weekend excursion to the neighborhood 99 Cent Store! Shopping for great deals is one of their monthly highlights!
As the Project Leader, you'd:
- confirm volunteers beforehand
- orient volunteers at event
- manage all communication between volunteers, Alexandria Care Center, and L.A. Works
Time Commitment: Every other Saturday, 2pm - 4pm
Location: East Hollywood
Project Leader Requirements:
- Prior experience with elderly populations not required, but a willingness to learn is
- Must attend an L.A. Works training
- Must commit to leading for a minimum of 6 months
Project Leader Benefits:
- Gain marketable leadership skills
- Learn about the non-profit world from the inside
- Make a bigger impact
- Network with other people and groups committed to bettering Los Angeles
Interested? Click the Express Interest button below!
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
- Issue Area(s): Senior Services
- Population Served: Other
- Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Additional Dates for this Event
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: